8.25.2013

nutella ice cream

Guess what has been getting a workout this summer (besides me?!)?

My ice cream maker, of course! My latest concoction is guaranteed to make you swoon and salivate, likely at the same time: Nutella ice cream.



Because I've been eating so much ice cream lately, I've been experimenting with dairy free alternatives in an effort to eat cleanly and go easy on my insides. Sometimes too much dairy...um, yeah. I love how easy it is to make ice cream with coconut milk (no cooking a making a custard ahead of time). Just combine, mix, and consume! And it's amazing rich...here, take a closer look:



I found this lovely recipe on My Whole Food Life. All you need is:
-1 can coconut milk, full-fat (I've been using a organic brand called "Native Forest" because the cans are BPA-free)
-1 cup of Nutella
-2 teaspoons of honey

You can find the easy instructions by following the link above. I recommend eating it straight from the mixer -- it has that heavenly soft serve consistency, like velvet. Otherwise, you can pop it in the freezer and let it harden.

0 comments:

Post a Comment