9.02.2013

scenes from my weekend

One thing I didn't realize about New York until I actually lived here is that the city completely clears out on the holidays. Now, you could spend your time wishing you were in the Hamptons or or on Fire Island. Or you could take advantage of a peaceful and empty city. Here's how we passed the time this weekend...

We had an end-of-summer cocktail at Brooklyn Wine Bar (virgin for me!) before meatballs, ricotta truffle ravioli and an amazing peach tart at Sociale.


We spent the morning at Brooklyn Botanic Gardens (it's free on Saturdays until noon)!





We brunched at 606 R&D in Prospect Heights. (Can you say doughnut-making robot and BLT?)



On Sunday, Sally and I made perfect Croque Madame and Nutella-Stuffed Cinnamon Sugar Muffins.



Finally, on Monday we saw Blue Jasmine and ate tacos (Tres Carnes). 



0 comments:

Post a Comment